I happen to like cold turkey

29 November 2004

what a horrible euphemism for quitting. I wish I knew the loser who decided saying cold turkey meant quit. I'd ask him why, and then I'd ask him if he ever had cold turkey with ketchup and rice. I'd say... brush it off like dandruff. No one likes dandruff.

Okay, so I do think I need to move on. Put a lid whatever it is that I've opened. Yet like Pandora, I'm compelled to see what's inside, even after I just checked its contents thirty minutes ago.

So, I checked the proverbial box, and I'm convinced there is nothing more I can do but pine and whine and all that other silly girl stuff that I should have outgrown when i was 13. Nothing more. I'd like to think of this as a... dying star, or a dimming lightbulb. slowly fading into a dark void lightyears away. And, no one will miss that light when there's the sun.

Don't get my simile? don't understand the metaphor? I'm trying to make sense of it myself.

No comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web