Friends, old and new

16 November 2004

With all the people I know here in Gainesville, there are few real friends whom I can totally relate to and tell anything. I'm happy to even claim to have a few, considering it takes me a while to trust people completely. And last night, a friend came through for me in a way I never expected, and I am so grateful for that hour-long chat on AIM that straightened out lots of things for me.

When I was chatting with my friend, the one thing he would tell me over and over was

You have nothing to lose in taking a chance
and I would respond with
lol... i don't know
but rest assured, friend, that your words have sunken in. One thing comes to mind when I think about a certain thing now, and that's of a similar situation in my freshman year of high school in SA. I was not bold, and I ended up missing out.
It seems as if I remain passive this time around, history might just repeat itself

A bandaid may have finally been put on an old friendship that I thought was unsalvagable. A friend and I are on speaking terms again, and if this friend matured between then and now, nothing but good things would come about.
And, I was able to chat with two friends from the past.
After 5 years and 3000 or so miles I could still pick up as if we had had lunch together just yesterday. Their happiness made me happy, and their words made me smile.
I miss them both, and all my other all-but-forgotten friends. And, it's so funny to think that they've actually aged 5 years, because I keep thinking that they are the same as they were when I moved away.

No comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web