Babysitting Tavora

27 July 2005

Boystealer has a friend who was sixteen years old when she was raped and impregnated by her grandfather, and nine months later Tavora was born. This past Friday marked Tavora's 5th birthday, and yesterday Boystealer had a get-together to celebrate.

Having spent half the day with her, I by no means can claim to know how to raise her, but I am more than disgusted of the way she has been brought up thus far. She drinks soda and sugary flavored drinks more than she does water, she knows curse words, and yesterday while I was tucking her into bed she explained to me what going from behind was.

"I show my butt cheeks to my boyfriend and he puts his tail in it."
"Where is your boyfriend's tail?" I asked, hoping she wasn't referring to a penis.
She giggles as she's jumping on my bed, and she points at her crotch.

A five-year old said this.

I read her a bedtime story in my Children's Bible (which I happened to have because I was going to mail it out to my goddaughter) and the story I read her was about Adam and Eve. She did not know that story, but she knows doggie-style.

I do have sympathy for her mother. I couldn't fathom the strength she has, but there is no excuse for any five year old to know sex acts. I know that she fabricates stories, so I am not concerned of any pedophilic acts performed on her, but it is still disturbing.

Otherwise, she is a sweet hyperactive child who wants to learn everything. She loves looking at photographs and listening to stories, and she enjoys painting, banging on the piano, playing in bubble baths, and washing dishes. Her interests should be nurtured in a postive way.

No comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web