Scrabble

07 January 2008

Apparently, it really is a word and is not just the name of the board game. One time, I even had the letters to spell "scrabble" on the board but did not think it was a real word. I figured, if I use it and am challenged, I'll definitely lose. However, had I used it I would have gained +50 points since "scrabble" is a 7-letter word. No matter--- I still won the game. =P

Scrabble is something done in haste... like "scribble scrabble." Perhaps, it can also apply to the quality of my work towards the end of a semester. At least, that's how it's been in the past. As I venture towards this new year, this new chance, and this new career field, I want to elevate myself above scrabbling and scrambling and become a focused and more precise individual. One whom children and adults can positively comment on. I've been getting much positive feedback lately from both sides. To my superior, I am organized (I don't know how she figured that) and creative. To the kids I am caring, upbeat, and perhaps a bit too lenient at times. On a whole, all this response is extremely comforting, and this lets me know that maybe my life is finally heading in the right direction.

However, I think this semester will be defining for me. My job has given me much more responsibility now, and I have 4 3-credit graduate school classes to take. Considering my job is about a 25-hour part-time job, and I'll be putting in at least 16 hours for school, I've got a 40-hour job that will require more of me than I've ever cared to involve myself in. I've got to leave my scrabble cap soley for the board game.

No comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web