18 September 2003

So, it's my second year here in gainesville... I'm surprised I still have this blog, to be honest. I figured they delete inactive accounts after a while. Anyway, UF is great. I feel more active than I've ever been, and although i complain i'm stressed all the time, I truly enjoy the feeling of being busy. I'm sure that will account for many stress-related illnesses later on in life, but for now i'm content. I just wish there were more hours in the day, really, so that i could finish everything i want.

Yesterday night my roommates made teased me about my friend from high school, Lavell. The thing is, Lavell is a good buddy. He is nice, simple, silly-- a good friend. He tends to push the limit, which I can't stand. I just don't like when ppl try to mess with me. Messing with someone shows a lack of respect, in my opinion. And, I could not ever get that close with someone who disrespects like that. I mean, casual little messing around is fine, but when it deals with a person's beliefs or core values, that's something else. And, Lavell claims he's accepting and all for diversity and wants to see all points of view, but he is just as hypocritical and judgemental as everyone else. I'd rather have someone who accepts that common trait uniting all people than someone who lives ignorantly. I can tell that when i tell him how i've been raised and what i believe i should and should not do, he is criticizing me. In my view, college is meant for study... my roomates would tell me that this is a point in my life to have fun and be rebellious. Lavell would tell me to lighten up and have fun, and he'd be thinking that my parents have brainwashed me.

Perhaps they did brainwash me. It's just, I believe you can have fun in college, but the number one main priority in my college life is to learn how to think as a bio engineer/pre-med student/adult. Experiences inside as well as outside of class mold people's perception of things. But, what reflects on the career world is what you know. And, I'm making an effort to learn everything. I know my limitations through my cousins' experiences. My cousins have lived lives similar to my own. When they were out on their own, they chose to live their own life and make their own mistakes, rather than listening to my aunts and uncles. Currently, my cousins don't have much to show for themselves except much regret and confusion.

I'm lucky that I've had my cousins lead the way, and I'm lucky to have such overprotective parents (though i would never admit to the latter outside of this blog). I have always known what to do as far as long term goals, and I know what and what not to do. This is probably the thing I'm most assured in, other than my religion.

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web